Our Mission Statement
Lumen Christi Catholic School is established to teach the unity of faith and reason, through the Light that is Christ Jesus, for the formation of young Catholics in truth and virtue.
"The mission of the Catholic school is the integral formation of students, so that they may be true to their condition as Christ's disciples and as such work effectively for the evangelization of culture and for the common good of society." --Pope John Paul II, Ad Limina address to North American Bishops, June, 1998.
Lumen Christi Catholic School, faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church with the permission of the Archbishop of Indianapolis, provides a Roman Catholic kindergarten through twelfth grade education through the classical tradition.
- Daily Mass: The noon Mass at Holy Rosary is in the Extraordinary Form, Latin, Tuesday and Thursday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon Mass is in the Ordinary Form, English. Holy Days are in the Ordinary Form. High School students attend Mass on Fridays at St. John's downtown, and the other days at Holy Rosary.
- Catholic Core Curriculum
- Faithful Catholic Faculty
Lumen Christi Catholic School Facts
- We are an independent Catholic School, providing a Roman Catholic education
- We operate with the approval of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, IN (Read the Letter from the Archbishop)
- We are located at Holy Rosary Parish in downtown Indianapolis
- Lumen Christi offers Kindergarten through 12th grade with small classes
- We have a dedicated, faithful faculty
- The patron of Lumen Christi Catholic School is Saint Thomas Aquinas.
- The patroness of Lumen Christi is Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Lumen Christi Catholic School Administration
- A board of directors directs Lumen Christi Catholic School
- The board and staff pledge an Oath of Fidelity to the Magesterium
- Lumen Christi School is accredited by NAPCIS, the National Association of Private Catholic Independent Schools
Click on the image to the right for a larger map