Lumen Christi Catholic School curriculum is permeated with Catholic philosophy. Daily Mass, prayer and Catholic devotion are an integral part of the school day. Students who are not Catholic may be admitted to the school with the explicit understanding that all students must participate in all activities within the school including: religion classes and Catholic cultural and liturgical activities. Lumen Christi respects the personal conscience of individual students and their families. This freedom is recognized by the Catholic Church. However, as a Catholic School it cannot relinquish its own freedom to proclaim the Gospel and to offer a formation based on the teachings of the Catholic Faith and the values to be found in Christian education. Students are expected to participate in religious instruction and Catholic formation, including Christian service, offered at the school, except those that are intended only for Catholics (e.g. reception of the Sacraments).
Lumen Christi Catholic School only accepts full-time students. A full-time student is defined as a student that is present at the school during normal hours of operation, takes the required load of courses for their grade level, and participates in all school activities including fundraisers. All students upon initial enrollment are placed on academic and deportment probation for the first 12 weeks of attendance.
Lumen Christi Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational or admissions policies.
Thank you for your interest in Lumen Christi Catholic School. There are several opportunities to learn more about the school.
- Call the school office at (317) 632-3174 to receive a brochure.
- Attend the Open House in March.
- Schedule a tour and/or a shadow day.
The process of applying for admission to Lumen Christi Catholic School, grades Kindergarten through High School, is as follows: (Please note that future Kindergarten students should be 5 years old by July 1)
Step 1: Complete and Return to Lumen Christi Catholic School:
- the K-8 Admissions Application form, accompanied by a $50 application fee (the fee is non-refundable but will be applied to the book fee upon acceptance)
- the High School Admissions Application form.
- The interview and testing appointment will take about an hour depending upon the grade level of the student. For kindergarten students there will be an individual assessment in August prior to the start of school.
- At least one parent or official guardian must be present at the interview with the student. We strongly recommend both parents, if possible.
- For all grades, except Kindergarten, the most recent report card should be brought to the appointment. If a report card is not available, a curriculum list should be provided indicating: the titles of the textbooks and the amount of material accomplished by the student.
Step 3: All parents will be notified whether their child will be accepted for admission within a timely manner following the appointment at Lumen Christi.
Step 4: Upon acceptance all fees must be paid within one month. Tuition and book fees may be set up for monthly withdrawals through the FACTS program, or paid in full or semi-annually.
- 1st – 12th Grade Book Usage and Material Fee (yearly fee per student) - $280.00
- Kindergarten Book Usage and Material Fee (yearly fee per student) - $180.00
|High School||Elementary School||Kindergarten|
Tuition Assistance: We determine a family's needs in a confidential and just manner by using the assessments of the FACTS Grant and Aid Program. Families desiring tuition assistance must file an online application. FACTS simply informs us of a family's calculated "ability to pay" amount.